CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Relief Rehabilitation Facilitator
Dale Brain Injury Services is an internationally recognized community based rehabilitation organization that provides exceptional services to individuals and families living with the effects of an acquired brain injury. The objective of all of our services is to work with each client to maximize their potential for independence, reintegration into the community, vocational and avocational success, and positive relationships. We build futures.
We are currently seeking Part-Time and Relief Rehabilitation Facilitators to join our Intensive Community Transitional Services team. These services are delivered to individuals who are transitioning from hospital to home or long-term care, and/or require intensive services in order to increase their ability to live as independently as possible in their home environment.
Successful candidates must be caring, energetic, resourceful and motivated people who are able to provide direct support, including weekends and evenings, to individuals living with disabilities.
- Have a degree or diploma in human services from an accredited college or university (or completed first year).
- Consideration will be given to candidates who are currently enrolled as full time students in an applicable program of study.
- Prior experience in community based human service delivery.
- Functionally capable of supporting individuals with physical/mobility challenges.
- Capable of providing direct support to individuals with a range of service requirements including functional independence training, basic personal hygiene, support with medication, community access and housekeeping tasks.
- Functional awareness of acquired brain injury.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, mobile devices, standard business and productivity software (i.e. – Microsoft Office).
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative within appropriate scope of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting.
Successful Candidates will also have:
- Access to a vehicle and a valid class “G” driver’s license.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Ability to lift maneuver and carry at least 30 pounds to assist with transferring participants in and out of bed, shower, chair or wheelchair. Help with support of a walker.
- Ability to certify that s/he is medically fit/capable to perform the duties of the job is a condition of employment.
- Ability to satisfy a Vulnerable Sector Background check is a condition of employment.
- Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings, nights and holidays.
- Have adequate availability to accept shifts on short notice.
What we offer:
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salaries
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP Employer Matching
- Employee discounts and perks program
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Temporary $3/hour wage increase for direct support hours
Check out our website to learn more: https://www.daleservices.on.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodations, please indicate when applying. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Dale Brain Injury Services values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants, where the rights of all individuals and groups are protected.
COVID 19 Precautions: Remote Interview Process
Additional job description information is available upon request. Please direct your resume and cover letter to:
Dale Brain Injury Services hires casual/relief frontline staff on an ongoing and reoccurring basis several times per year depending on the changing needs of the organization. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resume for consideration. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.
Please contact: email@example.com